Thursday, June 4, 2009

Some new machines....

Recently one morning I was about to make coffee with my 'french press', when it slipped out of my hand and landed on my stove, instantly breaking the glass on the iron grill of my gas stove. Oops. I think over the years I've broken 3. It's just a matter of time. However, it gave me a reason to use a different coffee machine.....



Luca uses this, as do many Italians. It's a convenient home kitchen espresso machine. Moreover, it brews up a tasty espresso when you don't want to spend $500 plus on a quality true espresso machine. I found this at E-mart for about 46,000 Won (currently about $37 USD). It's great!!! Fuels me up for the day! :D Highly recommend for anyone out there that likes a strong shot of coffee!



Next, recently I converted my MTB into a Single Speed (SS), that means only one gear in the back. I found the conversion parts online, had them shipped to my sister in COlorado and she in turn sent it my way to S.Korea.....Single Speed is still a new idea here, although there is a Fixed Gear community mainly consisting in Seoul.

I decided to use a 32t x 17t for my gear ratio. So far, so good. It's definitely a challenge for some of the steep climbs here, but such a hoot!! Makes the already qaulity single track that much more interesting.

The pic above is after my first SS ride. It was a muddy one! :D



a close up of the single cog, spacer kit and the singleator tension device. pretty clean set-up for a normal geared MTB frame and hub....



a close up of my manitou MRD R7 80mm suspension fork with my Polar sensor.



the front end....so simple and clean looking (despite the mud) without shifters. i LIKE it! :D

I love riding my bicycle!


thinking back to when I decided to come to South Korea, I feel pretty fortunate to have landed in Bundang, just 30 minutes south of Seoul with stellar MTB riding!!!

Be back soon, so stay tuned!!!

No comments: