Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Well....after 3 weeks, time has been flying by....I have a new MTB "mountain bike"

Here is a pic of my new ride. I bought the frame/fork/bars/stem/seat/seat post off my friend/neighbor, Erin. He gave me a sweet deal and then the local shop "SAY mtb" built the rest of it up. It's a hard tail, fairly light, and as time goes on I may lighten it up with some better parts. Overall, it's a pretty nice ride for the $$!


One of the first of many rides in the mountains. There were about 7 of us all together. Fun times & Good riders. They were all a bit amazed at my skills, but I guess after living in Colorado for over 15 years, that's what happens. What can I say, "I LOVE TO RIDE!" It is sure nice to be riding. Especially nice that I can ride out my door and hit the trails within 5-15 minutes of pavement.

This is before tackling my first Korean single track. Here we go. Yahoo!


Taking a break at one of the major view points. Re-fueling. Ready to hit the 2nd and 3rd mountains.
Say Cheese! Here's one for the boyz back in Boulder, Colorado. Wearin' the colors of the SG (Sports Garage) Militia!


Here's a view of some of the local Single Track. Not bad.....it's a bit blurry, I'll try and take some better shots as the rides go on. This was a fun descent...started off a bit technical then turned into some nice smooth buff goodness. Time to go Fast!

A view from the one of the many ridge trails.......


This was interesting....any one need any beef to chew on? Korean butcher shop.


Local shop riders.

I keep seeing these spiders, hoping not to ride through a web rides or take a spill and be looking straight into one's eyes. Gotta be poisonous. Need to look that up!

A rider's breakfast....well, my breakfast before this mornings 4.5 hr. ride. It lasted most of the ride, until having a recovery USANA shake. A little Ethiopia Sidamo Blend French Press Coffee, some Thin Egg Noodle Pasta, Two Eggs, Exotic Mushrooms, Garlic, and little Sausages. mmmm....pretty tasty. Prepared on my little two burner gas range.

Our new friend and tour guide Ken. He has lived in Portland, Oregon for 14 years and is a native Korean. Really nice guy. Why I say tour guide, he showed us some new trails. Trails keep on coming. I really did move to a X-country mecca in South Korea. Yahoo!

Riding past some graves. This was one of the wealthier individuals in Korea. It's amazing, there are graves all over the lands of Korea.


Top of the mountain, chillin'.....

A view of one of the largest cemetery's that I have seen. It is a holiday right now called Chusok. It's like our thanksgiving. We saw a lot of people having picnics at their family's grave site.

Another break, they like to take breaks....It's funny how we just hammer the whole ride back in Colorado...which I prefer...I guess that's why I am riding so well here, and we're at sea level with an Elevation from 0' to 2000'. I prefer less breaks so the legs keep loose. None-the-less, I am enjoying every moment of it.....can't complain....a little over 3 weeks and I am riding in S.Korea.
Although, they do have these cool frozen milkshakes that are pretty darn good.

A local drying out the Korean red pepper....these are not the hot ones....

Well that's all the single track for the day. We headed back next to the Tan Chan River, the nice riding/walking paths. 15 minutes and we'll be home. I did notice this outdoor climbing wall, in the bottom left part of the picture. I'll have to ride down the bike path some day soon with my climbing shoes and meet some climbers. Something to look forward to.

More to come...STAY TUNED!!!!

No comments: