Thursday, September 20, 2007

3 weeks spent in S.Korea.......

Well, it's been about 3 weeks since stepping on Korean soil. I have to say, I made a good decision. It was about 230am last night as I dropped into bed and started to recap on the day, days for that matter....so relaxed, a consciousness of comfort....I think I am feeling settled.

Well, here are some more pics for you to enjoy. One of my many walks around Bundang....I am enjoying the trees amongst the Concrete Jungle.


This is kinda cool....an interesting piece of art.


Enjoyable walk in between two of the stations.....I was on the hunt for a French Press. Since my addiction to the taste of coffee goes on, (just cannot seem to get that 'monkey off my back')

For you peeps who like to shop, it can be a paradise!

I notice this coffee and dessert shop....it caught my eye and brought me back to Boulder with the word "Organic".
I'll have to try this one out sometime. Desserts here are pretty fancy....it's nice to see that they take pride in tasty treats....kinda like European Desserts.....rich, creamy, melt in your mouth morsels.....not like the sugar loaded sweet crap.


A view of the many restaurants in the shi...shi...part of Bundang!

Well, I am experiencing the Typhoon Season. How about Shanghai, China...major Typhoon the other day. Luckily, it's not that bad up here. The southern part of S.Korea...Jeju-do (one of the bigger islands) was hit pretty hard. It's been raining off and on......And this is on the TanChan River near my place....if Only I had a little play Kayak. There are two holes, the water quality is not the greatest...probably similiar to Confluence in Denver, but a place to throw down. Maybe one of these days....Still have quite a bit of the year left. :)

A few cool Lilly-pads....


This is outside of Seoul. North of Bundang. I went on my first bicycle ride. About an hour ride up the bike path. And I saw the Hangang (Hahn) River. It was running high....This is kind of a cool shot with the glassy looking water and railway bridge in the background, where the Subway comes out of the earth and across the rio....the subway train is actually on the bridge as I am taking the shot....hmmm, just noticed that. Cool!


To those of us that kayak. Check out this low head damn....I don't know about you, but just looking at this gives me the creepy death feeling. What a washing machine that would be.....just look at the amount of backwash and the boil after the backwash.....



This goes out to my good friend Patrick, back in Boulder. You would love skating here. The addiction to speed and being in the flow......


A glimpse of the Olympic Park Stadium. I'll definitely have to check that out one of these days. That's worth the hour bike ride....for sure.....

A view of the bike path on the ride back to Bundang. And the green section is that rubbery surface running path....Nice flowers on the side....not bad!

This is cool, it's part of the little parks in between the bike path and running path. It's a golf course...but it's more like a combination of golf and croquet. I'll try to get an actual pic of people playing sometime. Looks like fun, a must on the list of things to do.

That's all for now folks........Hope you enjoyed it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey - i just LOVE the way you write :) i'm hoping you can get the monkey off your back - LOL :) !!! Mom just about peed her pants reading that :)
have a great week, enjoy your time off and Japan.
i love and miss you,
heidi