Saturday, September 15, 2007

a fair bit of nature around Bundang followed by some delicious Korean food!

Well, week 2 has flown by....where did the time go? One highlight of the week....I was able to check out some of the nature that surrounds Bundang. Thurs. morning before work Erin and I met a few of his co-workers, Min and Brad for a hike out the door of our a place. About a 15-20min walk and we hit the trail. This is also one of the trails I'll be rippin' through on the mtn. bike. Yahoo....hopefully real soon.

Anyway.....we saw some cool flowers and some interesting looking insects. Below a pumpkin/squash flower with a insect climbing in for some goodness....


Mushrooms galore. Not sure if these are edible, most likely NOT, because Koreans love to go mushroom hunting. I've been noticing how cheap mushrooms are at the market, those high $ shrooms at WholeFoods are way less expensive here. I'm stoked to eat a lot of fungi.

Check out the trail...for the most part, a mix of smooth single track, wooden stairs, rocky descents (some pretty techy sections) May I'll need to strap on some Armour for the descents for when I'm flying down on my future mtn. bike.

Notice this itsy-bitsy spider. There were 3 close by, mackin' on some other insect. Could be poisoness by the color and size. I know I do not what to find out.

At the top, there was a nice overlook. Unfortunately, the sky was hazy. Oh well, I'll be back! This is a view of where I live. "Bundang"


So, many of you may know this little critter. They make a high pitch noise. I hear they are starting to take over Korea, hopefully the birds will recognize that it is another insect on their food chain. The "Secada". I hear they come out of the ground, out of there shell, look for a mate, have sex, then die.....now that's a pretty simplified life.
This photo is of the outer shell, time to get it ON!


Well 2.5 hrs. later we ended up near the Ori station (subway) about 2 stops south of Jeongja station, which is my stop. Min is Korean American and he was able to find us a great place to eat. We were all kinda starving. So delicious....I am really enjoying the food. It is spicy, fresh, and finding it to be very healthy. Except for those cow parts (organs). It was about $10 meal with a beer.

Taking the subway home, hit the shower and off to teach the Korean kiddos. 1st Korean subway experience. Nice system.


Until next time.......thanks and annyonghi kyesipsio! (goodbye)





No comments: