Thursday, March 25, 2010

Birthday in S.Korea...

A relaxing birthday in Korea. Unfortunately I had to work, so I couldn't enjoy playing all day. Fortunately, we were still on the day schedule, so I was able to get together with friends later in the evening. At the end of work, my coworkers had a small birthday party for me with a birthday song and cake. Very tasty green tea cake. Korea does have fine cakes :)


Green Tea cake with a fruit topping, despite the look, not sweet at all!



Later on that evening 3 of my good friends came down from Seoul. I decided to stay in Bundang for the night, so we went to a small Jazz cafe on rodeo drive/cafe street of Jeongja. A few bottles of wine, very skimpy cheese and cracker plate, sorry no photo of that, I would be quite embarrassed. AND live music. I got some thoughtful and wonderful gifts, thanks chingus!



and another birthday cake, YUM! kinda Korean oreo cookie cake, delish.



action shot...



then we headed to an LP bar that I went to a long time ago to request some old music and have a few more drinks in celebration....above, Luca, Nicolle, Giuditta, and me :)



coated peanuts and glossy sweet potato chips, a bit too sweet for my taste...



View of the bar...quite a collection of vinyl on the left...



I think I might of ordered a black russian, but can't remember....



Luca



Why the Beatles, that's the name of the bar..."Beatles LP bar"

Quick posting, be back soon....need to do some catching up!

Bye!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It was burboun coke!
We love you, Mr K, we were all so glad we finally made it down to Bundang that night...