Saturday, March 6, 2010

Chungmoro and Night out at LP bar - Hannamdong, Seoul


To start out the night, after work, Friday early evening, still working the 9-5 hrs., I headed up to Seoul to pick up my first large custom framed print in Chungmoro. :D earlier in the week, it rained, turning to snow, but today the weather held out and was perfect to make the journey to the big city. I think it was maybe Friday the 13th. ooh-wee!
So here you have it....one of many to come. For those of you out there that are into photos, let me know if you ever what one of my images. Prices vary and you can see my work at


So after picking up, I walked to my friend Nicolle's house. About 20 min. away, through the city. This was her birthday gift, as she has been interested in my photo's and wanting some, I decided it would make the perfect gift. BTW, this was one of her favorites. AND, she loved it. Above, it's displayed in her entrance way, hallway. Perfect :)



Nicolle, showing it off!!! the photo was taken this past fall, while my good friend Luca and I were at the East Sea, surf kayaking some sweet waves. Korean peppers always catch my eye, and this especially made a nice capture. Drying peppers, roadside, nice waves at a small beach town.



Afterwards, Nicolle and I headed to meet up with Luca for some Korean BBQ in Hannam-dong, before meeting up with the Chingu gang.



B&W of the BBQ lighting.



It was a cold night, gotta like the white-rimmed glasses...


after the BBQ, we headed to a local LP bar, one of Nicolle's favorites in Hannam-dong.
this place was cool....1000s of LP's. great place to request some interesting classic music.


the turn-tables set up for non-stop requests...



Luca and Nicolle dancin' it up.....



the rest of the night's chingus (friends)



Giuditta, makin' some groovy moves....



requests lined-up, even though we were the only real main attraction, the bartender/DJ had his work cutout



did i mention 6 of us and two bottles of Vodka.....interesting note, you can buy bottles of booze in Korean bars....expensive, but sometimes entertaining.



we really ordered another Absolute...



yes.....of course, btw, who's idea was this, BOYS !?!



and some peanuts....



had to add this one....i think i must have requested some Metallica.
just have to mix it up....



Ciao bella...



interesting lighting....



later in the night...



kind of freakishly capture....



yes, were singing along....too much fun!



thought about playing darts, then again....may have been challenging.....



glamourous close-up...



charming to say the least....



Nicolle & DJ.....



the korean magician......



trying to find some music....sweet music!



found one!






I requested Mr. Roboto by Styx. Actually a vinyl i own back home. LOL!
Here's Jean showing us her robot!



here's yours truly checkin' out a few old LP's....



in the 1000s...

What a night.....and of course a classic ending......walking outside, it's dumping snow. 4 of us hop in a taxi and head back to Luca's for some late night/early morning Carbonara! I'll post some hilarious photo's, if I ever get them from Jean, of our walk after getting dropped of by the taxi....walking through Luca's steep hilled neighborhood, slipping and sliding around.

That's a record....haha!

Stay tuned for more good times in S.Korea!!!

Ciao, Ciao



No comments: