Saturday, January 9, 2010

NYE 2009-2010 good times with my coworkers....

It's NYE in S.Korea. Sometimes plans change throughout an evening, but in the end...it was all good!
With that said, I had plans to make it to Seoul for a private party at the W Hotel, but as the evening drew on, I ended up staying in Bundang.


IT'S NEW YEARS EVE 2009-2010. Bring a great year to an end, although the next one is sure to be better, right ?!?



Our academy was open from 1p-530p, then we all headed out for a year end work dinner. we ended up heading to my neighborhood and going to a "famous" (to who I'm not sure) BBQ pork place. nice to find another good place in my neighborhood. crazy, i've been living in the neighborhood now for 2 yrs. and 4 months and there are still some hidden gems. S.Korea is much that way, in terms of restaurants, shops, rivers, beaches, etc....
The food was definitely tasty....Not sure of the look that Eun-ji is giving above....haha!



pieces of pork ready for cooking....



Simon with a somewhat serious look, while Omega giving a smile...



Cathy always going for some pose....haha!



Mark and Simon....enjoying a good time...



Jin with some style...



cathy and i with the typical korean gesture....



ahhh....ready for the next place, we definitely filled up the table



well on to the next place, more drinks and food. koreans can definitely eat, especially on a special occasion. above, our boss of bosses pouring a shot of soju. he has a special mix, a small packet of Korean Red Ginseng powder to 1 bottle of soju, aparently it takes away the morning hangover, but i think it also kept me awake and energized as i found out later, maybe I should of when to the DJ party in Seoul.....



more food, seaweed, green onions, and some kinda of raw stinky fish.....not all that bad, definitely gave it a try....



some moo (larger type of turnip) and another kind of fish....



one of the korean style pancakes...have to say it's one of my favorites...



steamed egg..



seaweed soup "Miyeok-guk"



i guess i was on a food kick with the camera....



ahhh....check out the fresh octopus....



Sonja a bit suprised, maybe she saw one of the octopus arms moving....



and some grilled fish...did I say Koreans like to eat.... :)



This man, not with our party, i think had a few two many drinks...i hope he makes it at least until midnight.... "is the room spinning or is that waitress just quickly moving, LOL!



saying good-bye, as I was going to head to Seoul....but as I was heading to the bus stop, checking out the time and decided it wasn't realistic to be able to make it up to Seoul by midnight, I guess I didn't want to be on the bus or in a cab as the clock struck midnight.... Oh well, I'll be heading up that way tomorrow to meet friends and head to the mountains for my first skiing experience.....Thus, I decided to stay in Bundang and meet back up with the coworkers....



AND they headed to a Live Club, it wasn't very far, still in my neighborhood of Jeongja-dong.
I guess it's time to sing a few songs....



about 5 people were left out of the crew.....still laughing, drinking, and enjoying the last of 2009.



Jenny and Jin....



i decided enjoy the stage, why not! not sure who these people are, but they didn't seem to mind!



too funny!



then Ryan took the mic....



Jenny...



and a little bit of dancin'



HAPPY NEW YEAR 2010, it's going to be another FANTASTIC year.....

Best Wishes to all for a Happy and Healthy new year!!!

"come back soon, for my first ski experience in S.Korea"


No comments: