Thursday, March 26, 2009

Random Photo's from Feb. - Mar. 2009

2009 has been a great year so far! Good times fo sure! Here are a bunch of random photos no special order. Enjoy the show...



Converse "All Stars" ...just heading out to meet some co~worker for birthday party.



Marilyn Monroe on display at a neighborhood pub...



afterwork birthday party, we ordered a few dishes...this one is a type of Korean squid pizza.



the owners of the pub making our food.....



Kombay (cheers in Korean) unfortunately they only had CASS :(



Here's the birthday boy..Johnny, having a b-day cigar



Cathy wanted to try a puff for the first time...



A steamed egg dish...



my friend Eun jung's orange nails...



getting to the end...Travis bokeh'd (blurred) in the background....



traded out my old TV for a new one...a bigger screen in my little studio...nice for watching movies...



morning coffee...



a popular Japanese robot at the school director's house. A little get-together after work...fun time!



some Fuji film camera instant prints....the party goers consisted of myself, Alice, Travis, Johnny, Cathy, and Jenny...



Johnny



when was the last time you saw one of these....



Cathy doing a drink commercial...



some tasty anchovies.



Jenny (my boss) and Cathy



Some Valentine's chocolate...



Mandu from a restaurant in Insadong in Seoul



Kimchi and Mandu, a nice combination...



the man in the middleis Chan-wook Park, the director of "Old Boy' was giving a talk at Cinematheque in Seoul. Unfortunately it was all in Korean. We watched a movie beforehand, so it was all good!



Chan-wook Park



my recently new casual kicks



walking to Jeongja subway station to meet a friend ~ about 10min. from my place



some very tasty Swiss chocolates...



chocolate and the cover of "Changeling" starring Angelina Jolie...



The Wrestler....good flick!



a current read....



Japanese style pizza...very tasty!



Cathy posing for the camera...



Simon...another one of my co-workers...



Johnny, me and Jenny at my birthday dinner party. It was fun, we went to a Japanese place, enjoyed Sake!



paper lantern in the restaurant.



Another interesting restaurant in Seohyeon. After my party I met up with a friend for another birthday celebration.



bicycle sign...



this is a public middle school near my academy....they recently put in an artificial futbol field, the kiddos are psyched. I know I would be....



Meat protest, a bunch of Korean's dressed in fruits and vegetable's....



save the planet...



Marching down the streets of Seoul....



cat in my behind my place..



self portrait through a car window outside my place...



skater boy



protest protection...looks well used...



one of seoul's towers



police standing by for some action near city hall in Seoul...



the sign says it all...



Redneck Country Western Bar in Itaewon...



middle east head wear...



tap dancin' on the corner in the center of Itaewon...all you need is a little speaker box and an iPod!



pastry chef making tasty treats...



the Tartine Bakery in Itaewon....the only place I've found a strawberry rhubarb pie :)



Ahh..yes Uzbekistan restaurant, my favorite in Seoul...above lams stuffed bread



stewed meat...very delicious and so tender...



meat balls...



beet salad...



another simple but delicious salad....



Armenian Vodka....with an interesting name?!?



Yes...the vodka makes for an interesting dinner...



Luca



beef skewers...



Uzbekistan customers...



After work dinner party...the coals are almost ready...



Time for some Korean BBQ



this goes really well with the BBQ pork...onion steams with red pepper paste...



and of course CASS...again unfortunate because it's not that re-freshing!



red pepper past and fresh garlic..



second order of our table is almost ready...



Jenny and Travis



Johnny and T.A....forget his name, he just started...



Cathy and Sally in the background...



Ryan and Sunny....



another new T.A. which name I forget, and Alice in the back...with the famous Korean pose



subway blown hair....the Yellow Line (Bundang to Seoul)



blurred images in the subway...



Left the party early to go bowling with my friend Eun jung



Eun jung focusing down the lane...



looking, looking...anxiously waiting her result..





This is a write up of our Academy in one of the Bundang papers....in the pic, I'm teaching my Elementary 2 Speaking and Writing class.



Nice, eh? Pretty cool to make the Local paper....



And more food....Mandu Sundubu Jiggae....



steaming Kimchi Jiggae....



B&W of a scooter in Seoul....Vespa look-a-like



delivery lady..



what is this guy up too! it's interesting to catch natural face expressions...



celebration of Korea's Independence Day from Japan...Flags on all the streets



Crazed Samurai Watermelon Man on the loose.



DJ's work station...



Inside LSDbikes in Seoul. One of the Fixed gear bike shops....



The DJ of the bike shop...



Fixed gear bike...



Used frames ready to be picked and custom painted for 600,000Won. At the current exchange rate that is 446 USD.



The owner of the shop explaining the quality of the used frames and custom paint job...



Customized cake and coffee...



Customized chocolate cake. I took the top off and spread Strawberry preserves and laid down freshly sliced strawberries. yummy!



Indonesian Sumatra Hand drip at a little cafe near Jeongja....

Well, another update to my blog. Hope you enjoy my experiences in S.Korea...many more to come. Everyday is an experience living abroad, even the second year.

Check in soon. I just had my first day of kayaking for 2009 and hope to upload within this week.

Ciao, Ciao

No comments: