Monday, February 23, 2009

a New Year in South Korea 2009

The start of a new year in South Korea. 2009 the year of the "OX" (1973) Therefore, it's going to be a great year. I haven't updated my blog since the end of Dec. ?!? And today's date is 2/23/09. So far, this year has been working out well for me.....



Mom and Dad's Christmas Card. Looks like a lot of snow up on the hill in Ellicottville, NY.



A salmon dish that I threw together one night. It tasted better than it looked. :)



A week night out bowling with a few of my co-workers. Good Fun!



Cathy's first strike of the night!



Jenny's got some style....



checking out the score board....yes, Ryan and I are winning! ;)



Ryan walking away happy...



Cathy doing a little dance....



Is your left foot over the line, Ryan....



Focus...






Got ya!



Lucky # 13.....Jenny, Cathy, and Ryan.....a few of my Korean co~workers.






a night out the Uzbekistan restaurant discussing a sea kayak adventure over a bottle of Russian Vodka. The funny thing was, when we were finished with the bottle, the cutie waitress asked if we wanted another!?! We looked at each other and laughed.....



the rose plant in my studio can produce some beautiful roses...



Ahh....X-mas time and my mom and dad sent me a Slovenian treat, "Potica" very delicious.



One of our light snow falls. We really haven't had as much snow as last year. And now it's almost spring. Kind of a mild winter.



Christmas/End of the year work part at Muscos (an endless buffet). And I only took a few photo's the food....



Salmon plate...



dessert plate....



a sculpture at Seongnam Art Center....



Joan Miro exhibit...



Interesting tofu snack.....

OK.....the next set will be of my trip to Taipei, Taiwan over the Lunar New Year.

Stay tuned.......

No comments: