Thursday, May 1, 2008

More Misan Valley......

Off to kayak for the weekend. Cold temps, rain, and low water. However, the culture and food was interesting......



Mountain road.....



Having some early morning breakfast. Consisted of rice, kimchi, and cow stomach soup. Not my favorite and most likely will not have again....Actually....it was hard to stomach the "stomach" first thing in the morning....where are the eggs and toast?!?



low hanging clouds and the cold temps made for a chilly day on the water....this is an upper section put-in. As you can see, the water is very low, so we decided to put in further downstream....



Our starting point, on the Misan river. Where's the sunshine!



5 of us today.....the gal in the middle is one of the only female whitewater kayakers in S. Korea.
Luca, Me, Merong, Mono, and Mandu.....ready to have some fun! Smile for the camera and say "KIMCHI!"



Ahh.....I love kayaking......I would like to get a waterproof digital camera so I can take more action shots for ya all. Maybe one day....thus, I am waiting to get some actions pics from Merong....
Last year on USB (one of Boulder, Colorado's classic V+ runs) I took some great action shots, but ended up soaking my camera, luckily I took out the battery and memory card and let it sit for 3-4 days and it works perfectly fine. I have been using it ever since, but do not want to take that chance again....



Some flowers on the river bank....



Yahoo!



Nice valley, the trees are starting to become green....



Check this out.......and I am in S.Korea.......AMAZING!



Gardening in the Countryside.......



our accommodations for the night....



Many Soju and beer bottles....recycling?



Kimchi barrels for fermentation.....



Old Story in Chinese characters.....



Traditional stone, ink block, and pen.....



writing my name in Korean....cool, eh? Special technique in the way you hold the pen and write. Looking a bit too focused :)



Course # 1 after a day on the rio.....Consisting of grilled fish, kimchi, tofu, greens, some kind of root vegetable soup, and a beer.





Setting up for course #2, lighting the BBQ, cool looking fire-starter coals...



Mandu cookin' the 2nd Course......Korean BBQ....lot's of pork, garlic, and of course "Kimchi"



Ah....pork and garlic!



3rd Course......Ramen noodles, oh..almost forgot, some hot dogs on the BBQ, too!
The Koreans definitely eat!



Colorful plastic Freestyle Kayaks await there drivers!



Wet and low hanging clouds....still a ton of FUN!









kayaking Crew + the president of Misan Valley, so he says.....
Left to right ~ Mono, Tommy, "Misan President", Big Wave, Luca, and me...Mandu must be taking the photo.....



The president wanted to arm wrestle me....he beat me right handed, I think because he was using his body, here we are going left handed.....I might as well use my body....BAM! Got him! Check out Big Wave's facial expression. Not sure what he is doing!?!



cool looking flower....



No cow stomach soup this morning, thanks to Luca.....ah.....the Italian pulls through with the nutella, jam, and bread. :) more enjoyable early in the morning.....



Repairing the back-band on Luca's Dagger "Outlaw"



After a cold day of paddling, Ramen tastes really good!

That's all for now......When I get the action pics, I will post them.

Lovin' the Korean kayaking cultural experiences....

Enjoy your day! :)

1 comment:

Mandu said...

Cow stomach soup with cow blood!
My favorite food for breakfast!!:)