Monday, May 26, 2008

another afternoon in Seoul....

If you remember back to early winter I happen to be on a bus late night and saw the Namdaemun Gate go up in flames. A tragedy for Korea, since it was the no. 1 historical piece in the country. Yesterday we were at the Namdaemun Market and I notice that it's closed off with a banner and in construction to be rebuilt. I think it may take some time before we see the new model.



And yes folks.....I can't seem to get enough of the Russian food. Back again. It's tasty, inexpensive, and a break from the Kimchi. I always forget to take pictures of the food, so here are a few.....



Lamb skewers above.....



One of the new found favorites....ground lamb wrapped in cabbage and red pepper.....



Dad.....they have the tomato and onion salad.....but I have to say, it's not as good as YOURS!!



And of course.....some Russian beer, for me way better than the Korean beer (Cass, Hite, OB)



traditional music down by the stream in downtown Seoul....Had a little Middle Eastern flare to it from the lady with the horn....



lots of drummin'



The ribbon on the hat is cool, twirled around while the guy is playing and dancin'



near sunset in the concrete jungle....

ciao for now.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey Karl......i just got caught up on your blog!! you are an amazing photog :) amazing pics - my scrapping mind is a-whirring!! i'm so happy you are getting out and seeing/living the culture - makes me a bit envious!.
i miss and love you,
Heidi