Friday, February 8, 2008

Korean Wedding.....

The later half of January, I was able to experience a traditional Korean wedding. My co-worker Michelle (from Canada) married a Korean man named Moonsu. The wedding took place on a Saturday in the Gwangju province which is in the southern part of Korea. Some co-workers and I took a 4 hour bus ride their enjoyed 2 hours of the wedding and took the 4 hour bus ride back. Nice scenic drive of rolling hills and farm lands. Long way to go but it was a nice wedding. Rather quick, but beautiful. The Korean weddings are unlike western weddings, they happen very quickly. Wishing my best to Michelle and Moonsu!!!



The bride.....Michelle....



Nice heart of flowers....



The groom....Moonsu....





They are listening to their friends sing a song.



Are these real or fake?



Traditional bow to everyone...



Cutting of the cake....



The Family....The mothers are on either side of them in traditional Korean dress call Hanbok.



This little guy is stylin'....

Check back....soon. I will be updated my blog with my trip to BALI.

Ciao.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

beautiful pictures......i can't wait to hear about your Bali trip. hey, i will give you a call on Sunday 2/10 :)
i love and miss you!